Spring Intern - Operations & Technology
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Spring 2023 Internship Program:
• Applications Close: October 7, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
• Program Dates: January 17 – April 21, 2023
• Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
• Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
• Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
• Tech Operations: Mastering & Preservation: The Preservation and Restoration Team in Content Management defines and executes the company's long-term preservation strategy by creating and adhering to policy and procedures in preserving core materials of the physical archive and implementing a comprehensive digital preservation plan. The intern will utilize existing documentation and research to identify titles needing preservation, create budgets and SOPs, as well as tracking process for projects. They will also create migration priority based on elements of protection and severity of deterioration.
• Media Technology & Infrastructure: Our Media Infrastructure Technology team has a specific focus on supporting the NBCU Local Division for NBCU Operations and Technology (O&T).
O&T supports enterprise Technology, Broadcast and Production systems across the NBCU portfolio globally. We partner with NBCU Local Technology leadership on technology strategy, day to day operations and platform support, long range initiatives planning, collaboration with cross-functional business leaders and partners, and management of a dynamic team providing ''best in class'' support for our NBCU local stations.
• West Coast Studio Ops – Production Operations: The Operations and Technology Department manages the daily operations of the Virtual Production Stage. The position would expose the intern to aspects of studio engineering, visual effects pre-production, and post-production skills related to emerging technologies. This role would occasionally interact with staff members from the Creative Technologies and Film Production Technologies Departments as ongoing projects would entail research and development of new hardware and software uses in virtual production.
• Global Media Operations, Enterprise Applications: This team manages the Source-To-Pay (S2P) process to support NBCU Sourcing, Procurement, and Global Finance teams in sourcing, ordering, and paying for goods and services. The method includes all stages, from strategic sourcing and contract lifecycle to procurement, invoice management, payment processing, and more. In addition to assisting with defining the S2P roadmap, the intern will also review and analyze existing process flows to develop new ideas to simplify, consolidate and streamline the S2P process. The intern will understand & learn the Supplier Information Management (SIM) portal and be involved in the next phase of the project design sessions with Global Finance/NBCU IT & SaaS vendor teams.
• Data & Analytics: The content production analytics team is responsible for bringing in data and metadata surrounding NBCUniversal created/managed content. The team comprises data and analytics engineers and closely works with various product teams. The intern will assist with building and enhancing data pipelines to gather data around content/titles, as well as bringing in data together from multiple different sources. The intern will also assist with building and enhancing existing analytics dashboards.
• Global Title Management: Global Title Management Operations (GTMO) is responsible for accurate and timely maintenance and distribution of NBCUniversal (NBCU) product title information worldwide. GTMO provides data governance, establishes process, monitors compliance, and resolves data-related issues across NBCU entertainment business units, including Peacock, feature film, broadcast and cable television, direct-to-video, digital media, consumer products, News, and Sports. The Global Title Management (GTM) application is the primary tool used by GTMO and its related businesses to collect and distribute this title information.
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Research and archival film background or digital preservation background.
• Familiarity with Smartsheets.
• Basic understanding of video and film terminology.
• Strong technical skills, including knowledge of database administration with tools like MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server in a multi-site high availability environment.
• Working knowledge of Unreal Engine Game development software and 3D rendering creation software.
• Previous experience or knowledgebase of visual effects workflow and file types.
• Some previous hands-on experience with production camera and lighting equipment.
• Ability to talk with VFX designers, producers, and lead staff members in a clear and approachable manner while assisting in troubleshooting and active productions.
• Basic understanding of S2P life cycle and application design principles.
• Interest in Project Management and coordination.
• Desire to learn & understand Cloud SaaS platform management.
• Understanding of Cyber security guidelines/understanding & basic SAP knowledge.
• Experience with basic Python, including functions, classes, scripting, and ANSI SQL.
• Familiarity with AWS Cloud, Snowflake, Airflow, Tableau, and PowerBI.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reqqp0-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.