• Assist with script writing for various newscasts.
• Log sound that has been shot by field crews.
• Edit video for newscasts using non-linear editing systems.
• Create visually-appealing and informational graphics.
• Perform background research working with consumer and political reporters.
• Talk with contacts and follow up on emails and setting up stories.
• Help investigative Team research story ideas and log interviews.
• Screen calls and email for good story ideas.
- Must be functional in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- The ability to work at the San Diego station
- Eager to learn
- Work as a team player
- Positive work ethic
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxk5k-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.