- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
News Intern - NBC Bay Area (Fall)
NBC Bay Area's News Internship provides students with real world experience and exposure to working in a top ten television market and in a high-energy newsroom. Interns may gain experience on the Assignment Desk, Investigative Unit, writing/producing, and/or with working on our digital platforms.
Successful interns will demonstrate a passion for learning and the ability to step out of their comfort zone. We are looking for students who are highly motivated and who can function as a team member or independently in a fast-paced news environment.
Interns are introduced to every aspect of our news operation, within a structured and supervised environment. Local news interns spend time in each unit observing, learning, and participating.
During their rotation, interns will:
• Participate in daily editorial process: planning, researching, newsgathering, logging, writing and editing
• Learn editorial and technical aspects of news gathering
• Shadow producers and assignment editors
• Produce individual news stories for demo reels and online
• Handle daily office administration functions and assist on the assignment desk
• Create individual special project opportunities
• Interns should have some experience in journalism, at least in the classroom, but preferably in a television newsroom setting.
• Schedule requirements: Interns should be willing to work a variety of shifts in order to get the best experience.
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
NBCUniversal interns must meet the following criteria:
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress. We will consider recent graduates one semester beyond degree.
• Current class standing of Junior or above
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US without a Visa or sponsorship
• The ability to work at the station, located at 2450 N. First Street, San Jose, CA
Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekb38-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.