Intern - Legal
London, United Kingdom
Do you want to work for one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, marketing of entertainment and news?
To join one of our 12-month Internships you will be:
• Currently be studying at University and applying for a Placement year in your 2nd or final year or graduating in Summer 2022
• Looking for work experience immediately after completing A-Levels or equivalent course or an Apprenticeship
• Eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship from July 2022-July 2023
• Fluent in English
• We strongly advise that you do not apply to more than 1 Internship role to ensure that you are considered for the Internships that you are more interested in and your skills are aligned to
What will I be doing?
We are recruiting 2 Labour & Employment Legal Interns, one with a focus on Employment Law and another on Immigration, in our film & TV businesses based in our Central London office.
You will work as part of a team of specialist labour and employment lawyers advising on issues in the UK, EMEA and APAC, and working on an amazing variety of legal issues across the exciting and varied portfolio of businesses.
You will also gain unique experience supporting our Film & TV productions with employee relations issues, diversity initiatives and the interpretation of collective bargaining arrangements.
The immigration team at NBCUniversal has a global focus and supports all areas of the business including film and television production, news, sports and corporate functions. This is a varied role where you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects around the world; developing your research, problem solving, project management and drafting skills in the process.
What do I need to bring to the role?
1. An interest in employment law, diversity and equality, and culture.
2. Good communication skills (oral and in writing).
3. An appreciation of the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
4. The ability to manage and prioritise, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
4. Curiosity and enthusiasm with drive to get involved and voice ideas
5. A willingness to collaborate and work as part of a team
What will I learn from this opportunity?
This internship will enhance your employment legal knowledge and skills, and provide varied experience in the fast paced world of media and entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pzq7-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.