Events and Experience Intern (June 2024 - Jan 2025)
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
CNBC is the leading global broadcaster of live business & financial news and information, reporting directly from the major financial markets around the globe with three regional networks including CNBC in Asia, CNBC in EMEA and CNBC in the US. Dedicated to CEOs, senior corporate executives; the financial services industry and private investors, the CNBC channel is available in 379 million homes worldwide.
CNBC.com is the preeminent financial news source on the web, featuring an unprecedented amount of video, real-time market analysis, web-exclusive live video and analytical financial tools.
Purpose: This role will be part of Catalyst, the in-house advertising agency of NBCUniversal's international Ad Sales division that works with household-name clients from across the globe.
We deploy insights into our worldwide audience to develop innovative and inspiring creative solutions across the full portfolio of NBCUniversal properties – from entertainment to sports to news; from TV and digital platforms to events and theme parks.
As a Events & Experience Intern, you'll support the event team in Asia & EMEA to deliver a range of events – live, virtual, and hybrid.
Your responsibilities may span the following areas:
• Assist in the production of various NBC Universal editorial and commercial events; support the International Events Team to develop, plan and execute strategic event programs that are targeted at senior executives and policymakers from across industries and governments.
• Communicating with vendors and partners in a timely and efficient manner in relation to Event logistics
• Assist in the audience booking process, including curating the invitation list, identifying potential audience members and acquiring attendees to our market-leading global events
• Source contact information through a variety of channels, including but not limited to desktop research, direct external outreach, relationships with internal and external partners, and acquired databases
• Source external organizations to partner with to attract their member to our regional or global events
• Communicate event details to registered attendees and build relationships ahead of the event to ensure their attendance
• Deliver departmental analysis/reporting, including help putting together presentations and post-event analysis for internal reporting purposes which in turn will influence future decisions.
• Provide global insights through market research and curating of potential audience list for event proposals
• Updating various industry event lists, documents and charts
• Any other tasks related to the organisation and management of the Events as requested by Catalyst International from time to time
• Students must be able to commit to 6 months Full-Time Internship.
• In pursuit of a Bachelor or Graduate degree
• Strong interest in the media industry
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpop3-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.