Intern - Communications
London, United Kingdom
Communications (Universal Studios Group) Intern
Do you want to work for one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, marketing of entertainment and news?
To join one of our 12-month Internships you will be:
• Currently studying at University and applying for a Placement year in your 2nd or final year or have just graduated in 2022
• Looking for work experience immediately after completing A-Levels or equivalent course or an Apprenticeship
• Eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship from July 2022-July 2023
• Fluent in English
• We strongly advise that you do not apply to more than 1 Internship role to ensure that you are considered for the Internship that you are more interested in and your skills are aligned to
What will I be doing?
The main responsibilities of the Communications Intern will include:
• Assist with collating reports e.g. coverage from publicity campaigns and corporate news,
internal comms updates, etc.
• Assist with internal and external events, including press launches, screenings, photo shoots,
internal gatherings and summits
• Support the team on programme publicity campaigns as directed
• Researching and collating media lists
• Provide support to the team in creating press materials e.g. press packs, visual assets, TX cards, etc.
• Updating key internal documents e.g. bragging bible, fact sheets, calendars etc.
• Monitoring key industry developments, which might shape NBCUniversal International Studios' strategy and offerings
• Daily news analysis
• Maintain a wide interest in TV, keeping up with some of the key shows across the industry and different territories
What do I need to bring to the role?
• A good understanding of the entertainment, broadcast and/or media landscape
• Excellent written and verbal communications and an ability to form and maintain strong working relationships with a network of contacts
• An ability to manage a wide range of projects and to handle a pressured environment with tight deadlines
• Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, with an aptitude to learn new company specific programmes
What will I learn from this opportunity?
• How to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment, which covers all of the key communications disciplines
• Knowledge and awareness of the current media, TV and film landscape – both the opportunities and challenges
• How we produce premium scripted and non scripted content for UK and global broadcasters, networks and SVOD platforms
• How to publicise our programming across all media and increase the profile of the business overall in both trade and consumer press
• How to manage key stakeholders and external contacts
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv2n1-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.