We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal's local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 US markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of US homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country's top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local's stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
NBC10 is looking for an intern to help plan and develop unique digital content. This intern will play a major role in supporting the digital team by finding high-interest stories and posting content to digital and social platforms, including articles, videos, social posts and interactive content. The digital intern is also expected to assist editors and producers by conducting research and compiling information for special sections, enterprise stories and breaking news and sports news and events.
• Systems and Workflow: Understand how we approach content discovery, production and delivery. Gain confidence in abilities to enterprise and produce good stories
• Daily Briefs: occasionally represent the digital team each during the editorial meeting, briefing news staff on analytics, stories in the works and content that's ideal for sharing with broadcast viewers.
• Daily original reporting: report out story ideas, getting whatever support they need for each assignment.
• Shift Assignment: Master publishing tools, systems and original reporting.
• Professionalism: relationship-building and professional presence. Shows up to work on time, no excessive absences. Learns how to problem solve with maturity. Handles issues with appropriate urgency. Meets deadlines. Learns ins and outs of the daily workings of a local news room.
• Presentation: Successfully completes a presentation of experience in a way that is engaging and shows off technical/creative skills.
• Experience in writing, video and social media
• Flexibility, including the ability to thrive in a team-based work structure
• Adobe creative suite skills are preferred
• HTML and Photoshop skills are preferred
• Video-editing skills are preferred
• To be eligible for an NBC10|T62 Internship, you must be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree at an accredited institution.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States.
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x65k-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.