- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by July 23, 2021.
Fall Internship Program Dates: September 2021 – December 2021
News4 Broadcast Interns
Interns are introduced to every aspect of our news operation, within a structured and supervised environment. Local news interns spend time in each unit observing, learning, and participating.
During their rotation, interns will:
• Participate in daily editorial process: planning, researching, newsgathering, logging, writing and editing
• Learn editorial and technical aspects of news gathering
• Shadow producers and assignment editors
• Produce individual news stories for demo reels and online
• Participate in studio anchor session
• Handle daily office administration functions and assist on the assignment desk
• Create individual special project opportunities
• Interns should have some experience in journalism, at least in the classroom, but preferably in a television newsroom setting.
Schedule requirements: Interns should be willing to work a variety of shifts in order to get the best experience. Interns should be able to work at least two full weekdays.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Need to be able to work on-site in Washington, DC
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
• Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
• Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
• Excellent computer skills (especially search skills)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y97v-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.