Summer Remote Intern - Digital Technology
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Internships & Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
• Digital Insights
• Supporting the digital insights team in designing, conducting and analyzing primary research including surveys, in-depth interviews, focus groups, and user testing. The Digital Insights team works with NBC News, MSNBC and TODAY.
• Audience Development
• Keyword research, competitive research, data analytics, SEO (search engine optimization), google analytics, adobe analytics, google trends.
• Creative Design/UX
• Working with the Product Managers and Design Director to understand a project's scope and design responsibilities. Collaborating across different disciplines to understand the challenges you will need to solve for. Working with the analytics and insights team to understand the audience and the impact of the solutions you will help create. Designing wireframes and user flows in sketch. Creating functional prototypes with higher fidelity designs to test with users. Occasionally write some code (markup/CSS in the case of web) and commit it to GitHub to see designs through to execution.
• Software Engineering
• Focusing on the development of new code and features for our content systems, APIs, and video systems. Writing code, participating in system design, and helping build the systems that power NBC News's digital experiences.
• Building interactives, charts, maps, illustrations, graphics and more to tell the news in a compelling and thoughtful way.
• Using Adobe Suite and Cinema 4D to support daily graphic production.
• News Digital Strategy & Operations
• Tracking and reporting on revenue from sponsored content. Giving an analysis of partner content performance and identify traffic trends and what kind of content preforms best. Helping with ad sales campaigns: ensuring delivery through tracking, promotion. Helping to ID new monetization opportunities.
• Digital Business Intelligence
• Analyzing data generated by our primary data sources. Exploring datasets using SQL, applying Python or R against our large datasets. Documenting processes and procedures or the Business Intelligence team.
Application Deadline: Summer Internship postings are live for a limited time only, apply today!
In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
Desired Backgrounds Include: Digital/New Media Studies, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Graphic Design, Animation, Business Analytics.