Summer Intern - Video
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
About the Role & Program
The National Geographic Media Immersives Department produces engaging, highly visual digital interactive, social video and AR/VR/XR editorial content across multiple platforms! The team is made up of motivated and creative producers and editors with a shared passion for innovative visual storytelling and the National Geographic brand.
The Video Intern will be collaborating with immersive producers on the development and production of short form digital and social video content for National Geographic Media. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is deeply curious about the world around them and is actively engaged and creating authentically on social media platforms!
This role reports directly to the Senior Manager of Video and will work with National Geographic's producers, experts and contributors to develop highly visual, journalistically sound experiences. The position requires excellent storytelling skills, technical expertise, collaboration with staff and external contributors and a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
What You Will Do
• Support and participate in digital editorial content production across multiple platforms and formats including: social video, digital video, and immersive formats.
• Produce and edit at least one short form video for publication on a National Geographic distribution platform.
• Learn and apply audience-centric analytics to assess content performance against internal benchmarks and key performance indicators.
• Participate in team-level creative ideation, education/training opportunities, and strategic discussions.
Required Qualifications & Skills
• Strong curiosity about video journalism, social media content creation and emerging technology
• Strong command of social platforms, especially Youtube, Tiktok, and Instagram, and experience crafting content for these platforms
• Ability to collaborate with a team of writers, editors, designers, and producers
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle and prioritize simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
• Ability to capture video using a mobile device
• Interest in Journalism
• Interest in National Geographic core subject areas: Ocean, Land, Wildlife, Human Histories & Cultures, and Human Ingenuity
• Interest in crafting video content for social media use
• Prior experience producing editorial social videos
To be eligible for this internship you must be a junior, senior or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Digital Media, Film Studies or a related field
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
Candidates for this opportunity MUST meet all of the below requirements:
• Enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• At least 18 years of age and possess unrestricted work authorization
• Not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Able to work on-site in Washington, DC and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May 2024 – August 2024. Fully available to work 40 hours/week in Eastern Standard time for the duration of the internship
About Disney Entertainment Television:
Disney Entertainment Television is a collection of renowned content brands at The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the company's streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Star, and its broadcast and cable networks. Its extensive portfolio is comprised of ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective, in addition to Disney Television Studios, which include 20th Television, 20th Television Animation, ABC Signature and Walt Disney Television Alternative. Responsible for over 4,500 hours of programming a year across more than 300 programs of all genres, Disney Entertainment Television's creative brands are at the forefront of groundbreaking storytelling, captivating audiences and generating critical acclaim. In 2023, Disney Entertainment Television's programming excellence earned 163 Emmy® nominations across daytime, primetime, news & documentary, and children's & family categories.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9vk27-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.