About the Role & Program
We are the Social Media Marketing team for National Geographic Content! Our work spans across editorial, magazine, TV and film/docs. We work to create impactful and social first campaigns to highlight the work done across the company and tell the stories of our talent, explorers, photographers and the fans/followers of our accounts. We are always scrolling, on top on trends, focused on our audience and work to tell stories that will be moving, impactful educational and entertaining. Working with this team requires excitement for social, a positive attitude and willingness to jump in and help in a lot of different ways.
What You Will Do
• Work directly with the social team on editing, posting and planning for social
• Research social trends and moments and report on them weekly
• Work closely with the D23 lead on planning and execution of the Nat Geo presence at this yearly event
• Chose a topic or area of interest to create a deck for that they will present to the social team at the end of the summer
• Learn how to apply analytics, audience insights & strategies to inform creative social activations and online content for titles
Required Qualifications & Skills
• Enthusiasm for social media platforms
• Fascination with crafting and promoting content
• Proficient in verbal and written communication
• Analytical and organized
• Ability to handle and prioritize simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
• Driven and resourceful, adept at working autonomously
• Curiosity about television and publishing industries
• Strong news judgment
• Well-versed in social media platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter as both a consumer and creator
• Enthusiastic follower of National Geographic TV shows and Disney+ films
To be eligible for this internship you must be a junior, senior or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
Candidates for this opportunity MUST meet all of the below requirements:
• Enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• At least 18 years of age and possess unrestricted work authorization
• Not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Able to work on-site in Washington, DC and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May 2024 – August 2024. Fully available to work 40 hours/week in Eastern Standard time for the duration of the internship
About National Geographic:
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nn0q-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.