Remote Virtual Intern - Production Motion Capture Trainee
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Over a three month period, the Jedi Academy Trainee, Virtual Production Motion Capture, will receive specific training aligned to key areas of our Motion Capture services. During the process, they will get exposure to a variety of workflows and software including motion capture data processing, facial capture, retargeting and Vicon operations. The trainee will be expected to progress to being a multi-skilled, contributing, member of the Virtual Production team.
What You'll Do
• Understand what it takes to work as part of a motion capture team providing high quality assets to various productions.
• Learn to complete work within the timeframe bid, while maintaining constant communication with production teams and supervisors.
• Learn professional habits such as the best way to present work and interact as part of a larger team
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Film Production or a related field OR 1 - 2 years relevant experience.
• Basic knowledge and interest in VFX, Animation or the Virtual Production Motion Capture process.
• Entry-level understanding of motion capture process
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as this is primarily a remote learning environment
• Solid communication skills and the ability to collaborate and function as part of a larger team
• Ability to take part in on-site training at our SF campus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71ej6-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.