- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Industrial Light & Magic London are looking to hire two (2) Technical Support Assistants to work a gap year during their Computer Science degree. This offers the opportunity to work for a world class operator in the motion picture VFX/CGI industry.
The roles are suited to individuals who want to pursue a career in IT Support/Infrastructure/Systems or similar once their degree is completed.
• Support London based employees through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues, working on a number of open cases at one time and working through problems to completion.
• Set up new users' accounts and profiles
• Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications, including VFX software such as Maya, Nuke and Photoshop
• Support existing IT staff and colleagues in day to day operations
Required Skills / Competencies
• Excellent communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Enthusiastic self-starter, even to mundane tasks
• Ability to manage time effectively and continually re-prioritise tasks when required
• Team player who will strive to maximise team/department harmony
Required Technical Skills
• Understanding of computer hardware and software packages, e.g. Linux, MacOS, Windows,
• Familiarity with MSOffice, googlemail and web browsers
• Knowledge of CG software and tools an advantage, but not essential
You Will Receive
• On the job training and on going support
• A project to undertake to dovetail with your degree
• A professional, fun, relaxed environment
• Daily fresh fruit, breakfast provided
• Ability to attend on going company events, workshops, show & tells
• The chance to work for an industry leader
• Monthly salary
Placement can begin Summer 2021
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.