- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The Digital Asset Support Intern is responsible for assisting the Asset Department in creating, supporting, and ensuring the quality of show assets. This internship will provide exposure to the full asset production pipeline including model, texture, and rig.
The focus will be a unique opportunity to aid the department's efforts at introducing Substance Designer into the asset production workflow. Successful candidates will display a high degree of proficiency in digital asset creation with particular strength in creating original materials in Substance Designer and related software.
• Uses artistic and technical skills to prototype and develop procedural materials in Designer consistent with the provided conceptual artwork.
• Provides written documentation to explain and support Designer based materials and their use in the assets.
• Review Designer materials provided by partner asset teams to assess suitability for the show and document issues as needed.
• Approximately a third of the candidates' time will be dedicated to creating previz rigs using internal tools in support of the story team.
• Any remaining time will be dedicated to general model and texture tasks or other duties as assigned by Production or the Asset Director.
• Basic Qualifications:
• Strong working knowledge of Substance Designer and integration with Maya, Arnold, and Substance Painter/Mari.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to create clear and concise written documentation.
• Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines while maintaining high-quality output.
• General fluency in multiple CG disciplines including modeling, texturing and rigging.
• Functional experience with Maya/Arnold, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Substance Alchemist.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to learn show asset standards to aid in assets evaluation.
• Able to create detailed documentation explaining issues related to asset quality.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.