- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Client Support Technology Intern (UNPAID)
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION – CLIENT SUPPORT TECHNOLOGY INTERN
Location: Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi
Division: Ticketmaster US
Line Manager: Regional Area Manager
Contract Terms: Unpaid Internship (school credit only), 15-20 hours per week (Part-Time), Requires some evenings & weekends.
The Field Operations Technology team is solutions-driven and focused on providing high-levels of client satisfaction, technical support, installation services, and maintaining client relationships to ensure their key business objectives are met utilizing Ticketmaster products/platforms.
Ticketmaster is in search of a highly motivated, organized and most importantly, enthusiastic individual who is interested in working within the heart of the live entertainment industry and being exposed to clients as varied as concerts, professional sports teams, university athletics, and performing arts.
As a Ticketmaster Client Support Technology intern, you can expect to develop operational and project management skills, and at the same time, gain invaluable real-world experience in the live entertainment industry. This position is on the Field Operations Technology team within Ticketmaster, and will be focused primarily on the day to day support of technology and operational aspects of our wide client base.
WHAT YOU WILL BE LEARNING UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF TRAINED EMPLOYEES
• Develop a client centric mentality.
• Exposure to Salesforce CRM platform.
• Exposure to client satisfaction and corporate metrics.
• Understand ethics, compliance, and business conduct pertaining to the industry.
• Understand time management requirements when working with individuals or clients/teams.
• Understand how large companies function and communicate.
• Shadow and assist at during certain client events to understand the inner operations of a venue.
• Gain experience troubleshooting network and hardware issues.
• Experience managing technology assets, product records, and customer contacts.
• Exposure to software, network, and hardware installations & upgrades for client sites including wireless access points, switches, access control, and bridges.
• Become familiar with ticketing software programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Understand the needs of small & large clients, and why they are different or similar.
• Develop & observe presentation skills.
• Learn operational/metric tracking techniques.
• Understand the necessity of detailed product analytics.
• Develop competencies in planning management.
• Work with our clients and staff to develop strong communication skills.
• Major event support, to include assisting with venue access control.
• Develop planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Increase knowledge of computer skills and technology.
• Develop team-based work competencies such as Accountability, Teamwork & Service Excellence.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school
• Must be eligible for school credit (and able to supply a letter from sponsor/administrator upon request).
• A degree in Sports/Event Management is preferred.
• Must be 18 years or older and have junior standing or above.
• Must be able to commit to a minimum work schedule of 20 hours per week and a maximum of 30 hours per week with some availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays are required.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• A detail-oriented individual.
• Eager to learn and be proactive with new tasks.
• The ability to conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times.
• The ability to learn and absorb at a fast pace.
• High proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
NOTE: Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or providing proof of a negative COVID test at least every 48 hours will be required for this position to work in an office or venue.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Solution Driven – I creatively find solutions to problems clients are experiencing by collaborating with management and interdepartmentally with experts that can find alternative and effective solutions to any limitations.
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d203b6-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.