Lionsgate's Physical Production team is looking to hire a virtual Production & Music intern for Summer 2021. The ideal candidate would be someone who is motivated and interested in learning the production side of filmmaking. You will work closely with executives and members of our physical, music, post, and finance teams.
• Assist the Physical Production team in prep for upcoming films
• Update & maintain crew lists & DEI data
• Organize projects & post schedules o Initiate music searches & research songs for films
• Attend virtual weekly production status meetings & check-ins
• Learn how to use production software such as Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Scenechronize, etc.
• Provide script breakdowns of films currently in development
• Handle daily paperwork from current productions
• Preferred candidates will possess strong communication, organization skills, and be ready to dive in to any and all tasks
• Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, and Airtable
• Interest in feature film, music, soundtracks, composers and other below-the-line talent a plus
Lionsgate Virtual Remote Internship Program –Summer 2021
Program Dates: June 21st–August 27th, 2021
The Lionsgate Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth and career opportunities.
**Lionsgate has remote/virtual positions available within the United States to qualified individuals who live in certain areas of the United States. Remote opportunities are not available in all areas--specific questions about virtual/remote positions will be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.**
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The Lionsgate Summer 2021 Internship program dates are: June 21st–August 27th, 2021.
All interns are required to attend orientation on Monday, June 21st, 2021.
• All internships will be virtual and remote
• Interns can work a minimum of 30 hours/week and up to a maximum of 40 hours/week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) toyour preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-paged resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (Optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate & Starz
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world.Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles