Summary of Position
The Music Business & Legal Affairs team is seeking an intern for the Summer 2024 semester. The student will work closely with music attorneys and other members of our theatrical and television music teams, handling a variety of essential tasks in support of the department. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a strong desire to learn, is extremely detail-oriented, and finds the joy in spreadsheets and organization.
• Handle daily music rights research
• Update and maintain music rights database
• Learn music cue sheet process
• Organize internal audio and music files
• Attend weekly music department meetings
• Support team with incoming and outgoing music deliveries
• Ad hoc projects as needed
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university pursing a degree in Music, Business, or related field
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Capable of working with sensitive, confidential, and legal information
• Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat
• Interest in music business, music publishing and/or music law preferred, but not required
Lionsgate and Starz Internship Program – Summer 2024
Program Dates: Tuesday, June 11th – Friday, August 16th, 2024 (10 Weeks)
The Lionsgate and Starz Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit, and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth, and career opportunities.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The Lionsgate and Starz Summer 2024 Internship program dates are: June 11th–August 16th, 2024.
All interns are required to attend orientation on Tuesday, June 11th, 2024.
• Interns must not work more than 36 hours per week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
• Most internship positions will require working 4 days in office
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) to your preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (Optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate & Starz
$18 per hour
The Legal Music team oversees all music-related business and legal affairs for Lionsgate, including STARZ. Our team utilizes internal cross-functional collaboration to facilitate film and television music deals, music publishing administration, soundtrack releases, and much more. We work in tandem with all Lionsgate Music teams to conserve and expand Lionsgate's diverse and influential music catalogue.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4411-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.