Intern - Data Strategy & Innovation
Remote / Virtual
Lionsgate is seeking a summer 2021 virtual intern for our Global Live, Interactive, and Location Based Entertainment department. This intern will be working with closely with our Location Based and Lionsgate Games team to help create, develop, and strategize and emerging content. There will be learning opportunities on various levels for marketing, business development, creative and production.
• Gathering of data and providing research reports for business development materials
• Play-testing and reviewing interactive media for feedback and coverage
• Organize project updates across the GLILBE slate through constant communication with key Lionsgate stakeholders
• Supporting development projects by preparing deck presentations and helping gather creative assets
• Familiarizing themselves with Lionsgate IP and having the ability to participate in creative discussions for identifying new creative opportunities for the department to pursue
• Educating themselves in the current trends of the entertainment industry and tracking the competitive landscape
• Passion for next-gen content in the live entertainment, interactive and location based entertainment in a global landscape
• In-depth working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other emerging new media outlets.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) as well as KeyNote. Photoshop skills a plus. Gaming PC/Console/Mobile familiarity a plus
• Demonstrates the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, remain flexible for a fast-paced environment
• Candidate should be prepared to present a case study biweekly previous work with an explanation of strategy, content development, and general analytics
• Positive and proactive attitude
Lionsgate Virtual Remote Internship Program –Summer 2021
Program Dates: June 21st–August 27th, 2021
The Lionsgate Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth and career opportunities.
**Lionsgate has remote/virtual positions available within the United States to qualified individuals who live in certain areas of the United States. Remote opportunities are not available in all areas--specific questions about virtual/remote positions will be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.**
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The Lionsgate Summer 2021 Internship program dates are: June 21st–August 27th, 2021.
All interns are required to attend orientation on Monday, June 21st, 2021.
• All internships will be virtual and remote
• Interns can work a minimum of 30 hours/week and up to a maximum of 40 hours/week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) toyour preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-paged resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (Optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate & Starz
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world.Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.