Summer Intern - Events - Concerts & Branded Shows
Remote / Virtual
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Insomniac, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Insomniac Events is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Summer Legal Intern to join the legal team in Los Angeles. This position will focus on drafting various documents and performing research and analysis. This position reports to Senior Counsel.
• Learn how laws and regulations are actively applied and implemented in a real-world setting
• Prepare, review/analyze, and finalize transactional documents in the areas of vendors, talent, hotels, licensing, venues, sponsorship, suppliers, etc.
• Analyze issues pertinent to the development of live event production and general corporate maters
• Work on cease-and-desist letters, trademark searches, and other intellectual property matters
• Exposure to applied law while performing general research related to our business
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be currently enrolled in at least second year of Law School
• Must provide documentation from school that you will be receiving college credit for internship
• 2L or 3L of accredited law school with course work related to contracts, copyright and entertainment/media law
• Previous industry experience prior to law school is a plus
• Typical commitment is 10-16 hours per week
• Must be motivated with an ''Everything is possible'' attitude
• Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
• Knowledge of dance music and Insomniac's brands preferred
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• Must be willing to travel to intern at events during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.