- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Internship Program
The Hearst Magazines Summer Internship Program is a paid, full time 11-week program for undergraduate rising juniors, seniors, and graduate students. From June 5 – August 18, 2023, our interns will gain an immersive, hands-on experience with one of the top publishers in the world.
In addition to working with their assigned team on important projects, interns will gain access to Hearst's diverse professional network by participating in intimate learning sessions and join fun peer networking activities throughout the summer. Program participants will also leverage Hearst's resources to work on and present a group project to senior leaders at the conclusion of the program.
The news and social team produce timely, entertaining, and informative written stories and social videos covering the daily trending topics that appeal to audiences of the Enthusiast Group brands: Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, Bicycling, Biography, and Best Products. These stories appear across many platforms, including digital websites, TikTok, and Instagram.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Ideating social videos for TikTok and Instagram across the Enthusiast Group's five brands (Runner's World, Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, Best Products, Biography)
• Shooting and editing social video content
• Posting social videos to Instagram and TikTok and engaging with the audience on those platforms
WHO YOU ARE
• Video production experience (ideation, shooting, editing)
• You are adept at Instagram and TikTok content creation
• You have an ability to write short content as needed
• You have on-camera experience and a willingness to experiment with new formats
• You are a team player
• You preferably are working towards a bachelor's degree in Journalism, Film Production, Communications, English or Marketing
• Must be available to work during program dates.
The estimated base salary for this role is $18/hour. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands and conditions, including geographic location where the work will be performed, and other factors permitted by law. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reb6n8-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $18.00 to $0.00 Per Hour ($ USD)
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.