The Internship Program
The Hearst Magazines Summer Internship Program is a paid, full time 11-week program for undergraduate rising juniors, seniors, and graduate students. From June 5 – August 18, 2023, our interns will gain an immersive, hands-on experience with one of the top publishers in the world.
In addition to working with their assigned team on important projects, interns will gain access to Hearst's diverse professional network by participating in intimate learning sessions and join fun peer networking activities throughout the summer. Program participants will also leverage Hearst's resources to work on and present a group project to senior leaders at the conclusion of the program.
We're the fastest-growing food brand on the Internet. Delish was built on the idea that you don't have to know how to cook, you just have to love to eat. Six years later, this still rings true as we bring people together through food.
This summer, Delish is looking for an Editorial Intern to support the team in NYC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Provide general administrative support to senior-level editors and directors
• Assist with production tasks for both digital and print, including building, updating, and optimizing content; researching stories; building questionnaires, and more.
• Manage the editorial and submissions inboxes
• Pitch and write digital stories on food trends and/or food culture as needed, coordinating with art team on visuals
• Call in products for testing
• Test and edit recipes, if interested, plus general assistance in the Delish Test Kitchen
WHO YOU ARE
• A self-starter with strong writing skills and some experience working in an editorial environment.
• Interest in food and cooking a plus!
• Hyper organized and unafraid of getting in the weeds with a spreadsheet
• Solid judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement in digital media
• A quick thinker, hard worker, and positive team player
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Preferred Majors: Journalism, Communications, Culinary Arts, English
• Must be available to work during internship program dates
The estimated base salary for this role is $18/hour. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands and conditions, including geographic location where the work will be performed, and other factors permitted by law. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r06kp1-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.