- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Internship Program
The Hearst Magazines Summer Internship Program is a paid, full time 11-week program for undergraduate rising juniors, seniors, and graduate students. From June 5 – August 18, 2023, our interns will gain an immersive, hands-on experience with one of the top publishers in the world.
In addition to working with their assigned team on important projects, interns will gain access to Hearst's diverse professional network by participating in intimate learning sessions and join fun peer networking activities throughout the summer. Program participants will also leverage Hearst's resources to work on and present a group project to senior leaders at the conclusion of the program.
Hearst Autos is seeking a summer intern for the Car and Driver editorial staff. In service to our engaged enthusiast audience, the intern will work closely with editors, social media content creators, writers, and production, design, and photo department staff. This role is based in Ann Arbor, MI.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work to assist and learn from a collaborative, energetic team.
• Help with content creation and research, potentially writing independently, for the news and Buyer's Guide sections of the website.
• Assist with creation of social media, video, and other Car and Driver content.
• Assist with production of features, news stories, and Buyer's Guide content.
WHO YOU ARE
• You have proven writing and editing skills
• You will be comfortable working with an online content management system or have relevant education and experience
• You're collaborative, proactive, and energized to continuously learn and improve our work product and processes
• You can be flexible, respect deadlines, and are able to take on a multiplicity of tasks
• You have experience in journalism or technical writing or related educational background
• You are a current college student or recent graduate looking for experience toward an eventual career in publishing, social media, or graphic design
The base pay for this role is $18/hour. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range for this role is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3kox-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $18.00 to $0.00 Per Hour ($ USD)
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.