Summer Remote Intern - Social Responsibility
Remote / Virtual
Virtual HBO Max MBA Business Insights & Analytics Intern, Summer 2021
As an MBA Business Insights & Analytics Intern, your role will be to drive analysis and reporting aimed at developing a deep understanding of subscriber growth. You will build analytical frameworks to solve business challenges, and work with a team of analysts in transforming complex big data into clear actionable visual insights important for strategic decision making.
• Work with team of analysts in developing and maintaining beautifully designed dashboards consumed by the HBO Max Leadership team that uncover insights in subscriber retention and engagement patterns.
• Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear accessible learnings.
• Build compelling presentations and propose data-driven decisions to shape retention strategies.
• Define and manage project deliverables, timelines, and dependencies for team members and stakeholders.
• Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across the company (Engineering, Strategy, Marketing, Product, Operations) to drive our team's success.
• Work closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs, identify opportunities for leveraging data in their operational decision making, and define clear roadmaps for business intelligence and/or data visualization solutions.
• Enrollment in Full-time or Part-time MBA program
• Plus: Advanced degree in statistics, economics or a related quantitative field
• Two years of hands on experience wrangling, analyzing and visualizing data
• Candidate should either be proficient or be familiar with and ready to develop their SQL skills
• Strong communicator, for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects
• Detail oriented and cares about the quality of the team's output
• High tolerance for ambiguity and fast-changing environment
• Excited to work in the entertainment industry and, in particular, at a premiere video streaming service
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided
• This position is reserved for MBA candidates
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.