Summer Intern - Program Research
New York, NY
Summer 2021 Virtual Intern – HBO Max Content Strategy
Content Strategy for HBO Max is the team responsible for identifying, researching, and qualifying potential content for SVOD service HBO Max. Team evaluates needs and opportunities of series, movies, and short form content.
• Catalog and categorize existing inventory for HBO Max and assist in preparing inventory for integration into new software.
• Support team in preparing executive summaries for VPs and SVPs.
• Follow industry news with an emphasis on emerging technology and short form content.
• Research potential deal content and ancillary business opportunities.
• Occasionally screen potential acquisitions and evaluate for brand and audience fit for HBO Max.
• Passion for the television, streaming, and media landscape.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Positive attitude and work ethic in fast-paced environment.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Major or focus in media, television, communications, or business.
• Ability to self-motivate and manage time on their own in a virtual work environment.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen undergraduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.