Build the future of Streaming Media with us! We are the team that architects, codifies, owns and operates the scalable and resilient infrastructure that powers HBO's flagship streaming products HBO Max and HBO Go. Our products are enjoyed by millions of customers around the world. We are engineers and designers with a passion for ensuring our product is inclusive and available to all our customers, regardless of how they access technology. Building reliability, performance and security into our streaming products is our mission. We are evangelists for infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, operational visibility, inclusive design, and strongly believe that automation is the key to delivering reliable systems. We are looking for an engineering intern to help us improve access to our product for people with disabilities and help make our experience great for everyone!
• Work with development teams to help architect and implement solutions that provide greater access to our product using assistive technology
• Champion best practices and uphold a culture that is committed to quality, test driven development, repeatable processes and inclusive design through automation and infrastructure as code
• Support validation of accessibility using assistive technology and testing tools
• Design and develop tooling to highlight potential accessibility errors prior to release
• Develop tooling and services that help gather data on accessibility roadblocks in production software
• Collaborate with teams across all of WarnerMedia to help foster a culture of accessibility by design across the entire company
• 1+ year programming experience
• Ability to easily switch between independent and collaborative work
• Strong communication, problem solving and time management skills
• Understanding of accessibility standards such as WCAG 2.1.
• Familiarity with assistive technology such as screen readers or switch devices
• Experience with devices such as tablets, smart phones, and game consoles
• OS: Windows, iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxonq4-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.