Spring Virtual Intern - Growth Product Management
Remote / Virtual
The Summer Internship on the Product Experience Team will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, content strategists, marketers, and technologists to innovate the way TV and movie fans consume video content.
• Help define and write product requirements and user stories for key capabilities on our product roadmap.
• Learn how product managers and designers work with developers to bring a feature in a streaming app to market.
• See how a product feature or capability gets pitched, evaluated, and ultimately prioritized for the roadmap.
• Learn what goes into supporting and understanding why a product feature is needed for our customers.
Household with Kids Growth & Retention:
• Analyze Kid profile growth tests and compile insights that aid in the improvement of the HBO Max parent engagement strategy contribute to the ideation of future communication A/B testing
• Collaborate with Growth Marketing, Editorial, and Product Design to ideate on future Kids and Family growth tests across external and in-app touchpoints. Partner with Retention and Acquisition teams to build insights around Household with Kids and improve HBO Max K&F acquisition campaigns HBO Max Search & Discovery Experience
• Help document and gather requirements for new Kids product features across profiles, parental controls, content discovery & search including international use cases
• Help manage Kids Discovery & Search A/B testing backlog and documentation, creating a repository of insights and informing future product A/B tests
• Help define '22 Kids Search & Discovery roadmap Ad Hoc Tasks
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced marketing environment
• Experience in managing digital product initiatives or related experience at an entertainment media company preferred.
• General knowledge of product management; product management background a plus.
• A daily user of streaming video apps (SVOD services such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc.), and other adjacent industry apps (ex. Music apps such as Spotify, etc.) a must.
• Experience as a user of applications via products such as tablets, phones, PCs, Connected TVs, and other devices.
• Must have high proficiency in Google Drive (Slides, Docs, Sheets).
• Ability to learn internal tracking programs such as Slack, Confluence, Jira.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and engage on highly complex projects.
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs.
• The Ideal Candidate Passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology.
• Capable of being a doer and ability to jump into something new and figure it out.
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
• Comfortable in a small, lean team, that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29nky-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.