- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAbout KSWO:
The top rated station in southwest Oklahoma and north Texas leads the market in weather coverage with the First Alert Weather team, the largest group of meteorologists tracking storms in the southern plains. Lawton is ideally located halfway between Oklahoma City and the Dallas/ Fort Worth metroplex. Our region is known for the rugged beauty of the Wichita Mountains and the National Wildlife Refuge, a hiker's paradise. Affordable living, great outdoor adventures, and close proximity to major cities and their attractions make the Lawton – Wichita Falls market an exciting opportunity for career growth.
Learn more about KSWO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrdQBUKR8Bg
The fellowship program gives undergraduates the opportunity to work alongside journalists at KSWO, the #1 station and ABC affiliate in Lawton, Oklahoma and Wichita Falls, Texas. Aspiring journalists will learn the ins and outs of both the tv and digital side of KSWO. You will report, shoot video, edit video, post web stories/pictures/video from both the field and television station. Potential candidates must be enrolled in the University of Oklahoma, Cameron University, or Rogers State University.
Your primary job duties and responsibilities would include:
- Shoot and edit video
- Research and write stories for newscasts
- Produce newscasts
- Operate studio cameras
- Contact sources for news stories
- Perform other functions to assist the newsroom in gathering content and prepare broadcasts
- Write and post images for stories on station digital platforms, including social media
- Assist reporters, photographers and producers as-needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in the University of Oklahoma, Cameron University or Rogers State University
- Applicants must have proven writing skills and experience pitching stories
- Must be a college student pursuing career in television, or digital journalism
- Experience creating video productions
- Previous newsroom internships or experiences a plus
- Ability to carry up to 40 pounds in gear and equipment
- A valid driver's license, with a clean driving record, is required
Are you energetic, positive and goal-oriented with a passion to succeed? Our station invites you to send your cover letter and resume, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb129e-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.