About the Role & Program
The FX Networks Public Relations department is seeking an intern to support the Publicity team. Our intern will report to the VP of Publicity and gain exposure to various departments across the Company.
What You Will Do
As our intern, you would be responsible for:
• Organizing and distributing media clips/coverage reports
• Conducting research for ongoing and special projects
• Managing press lists
• Contributing to the planning and on-site execution of FX premiere events and Television Critics Association Press Tours
• Researching show clips for exclusive and broadcast placements
• Identifying and pulling quotes from reviews and feature stories for internal use
• Copy-editing media guides
• Updating ongoing internal and status reports
Required Qualifications & Skills
• Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills working with colleagues across departments at all levels
• Hardworking, proactive, eager to learn and willing to tackle new challenges
• Curious with attention to detail and ability to balance multiple projects at once
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs; Specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• General knowledge of FX Networks programming
• Previous internship experience in a Public Relations/Communication or Entertainment
• Major in Public Relations, Communication, or Journalism is preferred
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• At least 18 years of age
• May not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Possess unrestricted work authorization
• The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024- January 2025
• Availability to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship, most hours being in person, with possible days working from home. Preferably 9am-6pm PT, Monday - Friday.
The pay rate for this internship in California is $21.70 per hour.
• • • About FX Networks:
FX, a division of Disney Entertainment Television, is a multiplatform brand that develops, produces, commissions and markets original programming for Hulu and the FX and FXX linear channels in the US, and Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other international territories. The FX brand mark appears above the title across its entire slate of originals. Over the past two decades, FX has been responsible for some the most-critically acclaimed and award-winning shows on television. Some of the brand's current and legacy titles include the dramas American Horror Story, American Crime Story, The Americans, Damages, Fargo, Justified, Nip/Tuck, Pose, Rescue Me, The Shield and Sons of Anarchy; the comedies Archer, Atlanta, Better Things, DAVE, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Reservation Dogs and What We Do in the Shadows; and a growing slate of docuseries and documentary films.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call FX Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpmbv-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.