FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
FOX is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The FOX Entertainment Internship Program is for motivated college students who are passionate about entertainment and the media industry. FOX Interns are paid to gain real world work experience with guidance from top industry professionals. FOX Interns are assigned to a department that matches their skill set, work experience, and career aspirations.
The FOX Entertainment Business & Legal Affairs Internship is for motivated law students who are passionate about entertainment and the media industry. FOX Interns are paid to gain real world work experience with guidance from top industry professionals. We are looking for a Business & Legal Affairs Intern to perform various legal tasks and support the FOX Entertainment Business & Legal Affairs team. The intern will gain meaningful exposure into the day-to-day legal work of developin g, producing and distributing unscripted and scripted television. This individual will assist attorneys and paralegals in the group with drafting and negotiating of agreements, review of agreements, and creation of internal databases tracking contractual obligations.
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited law school pursuing a law degree during the length of the program
• Must be between first (1L) and second (2L) or second (2L) and third year (3L) of law school
• Strong academic record
• Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
• Access to own housing and transportation to/from the assigned internship site
• Must be able to work on-site in Los Angeles, CA
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze legal issues related to the production of scripted and unscripted programming, in the areas of copyright, guild and union agreements, employment, etc.
• Draft production, talent, and license agreements under the supervision of an attorney
• Review existing agreements and compile resources for creative and business counterparts with respect to contractual obligations
• Various departmental operational tasks, as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Basic understanding of the television industry is a plus
• Must be enrolled as a second- or third-year law student
• Previous experience with contract review and drafting and redlining experience is a plus
STUDENTS SELECTED TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
Must demonstrate knowledge of company and entertainment media industry
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (PDF Preferred)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a good fit for our program this Summer
STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO THE SUMMER 2023 PROGRAM:
Are required to provide a copy of an unofficial transcript or letter from adviser/registrar showing proof of enrollment
SUMMER 2023 SCHEDULE:
• General Application Deadline: Sunday, February 12, 2023
• Summer Program: Eight weeks starting Monday, June 5, 2023 or Tuesday, June 20, 2023
• Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32-40 hours per week
• NOTE: Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability.
STANDING OUT AS A TOP CANDIDATE:
Successful students have:
• Knowledge of current Fox Entertainment programming and talent
• Strong research and writing skills
• The ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interfacing with talent and executives
• A detail-oriented nature with strong organizational skills
• S elf-starter attitude and team player
• Ability to handle a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Coursework and legal experience with an entertainment company or firm a plus
• FOX Master Classes: A variety of presentations, panels, discussions, and trainings geared toward advancing your knowledge of our company, industry, and software systems
• Professional Development Series: A variety of activities geared toward enhancing your professional development
• Networking Opportunities: Numerous opportunities to connect with fellow interns and other professionals within the company
• Get Published: Showcase your skills and build your portfolio by pitching stories, writing, and producing for our online properties
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $30.00-30.00 per hour.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvzo0n-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.