FOX is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The FOX Weather virtual internship is an exciting opportunity for college students who are passionate about the weather industry to gain exposure and real-time, hands-on experience as we develop and launch the FOX Weather service.
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, engaging on-the-go audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
With guidance from top news and weather professionals, FOX Weather College Associates will work on projects that match their skill sets, work experience and career aspirations. You will be given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of building a brand new, innovative digital weather service.
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Current class standing of sophomore, (second year college student) or above
• Strong academic record (minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA)
• Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
Students Selected to Move Forward in the Interview Process:
• Must demonstrate knowledge in meteorology, journalism, and/or business skills
Students Accepted into the Summer 2021 Program:
• Must provide a copy of an unofficial transcript or letter from adviser/registrar showing proof of enrollment and GPA
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (Optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a good fit for our virtual FOX Weather Internship program this Summer
Summer 2021 Schedule:
• General Application Deadline: Sunday, April 25, 2021
• Program Timeline: June 21, 2021 – August 13, 2021
• Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32 hours per week
NOTE: We are a 24/7 news operation. Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability. We do our best to work around your class schedule.
Standing Out as a Top Candidate:
Successful students have:
• Knowledge of FOX News Media and the weather industry
• The ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interfacing with talent and executives
• A detail-oriented nature with strong organizational skills
• Self-starter attitude and team player
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Comfortability following directions with ease
FOX Master Classes: A variety of presentations, panels, discussions, and trainings geared toward advancing your knowledge of our company, industry, and software systems
Professional Development Series: A variety of activities geared toward enhancing your professional development
FOX Fireside Chats: Participate in open and candid conversations with some of the company's Executive leaders and Directors
Get Published: Showcase your skills and build your portfolio by pitching stories, writing and producing for our online properties