Spring Intern Today
FOX is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The FOX Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest sports, media, and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
Please note we have one (1) opportunity on-site in Chicago, IL.
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Current class standing of sophomore, (second-year college student) or above
• Strong academic record
• Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
• Access to own housing and transportation to/from the assigned internship site
STUDENTS SELECTED TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
• Must demonstrate knowledge of current events and/or business news
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (PDF Preferred)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a good fit for our program
• Share your top areas of interest
STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO THE SUMMER 2024 PROGRAM
• Are required to provide a copy of an unofficial transcript or letter from the adviser/registrar showing proof of enrollment
AREAS OF PLACEMENT
You will be considered for an internship based on the content of your cover letter, as well as your prior experience and interests, as determined during the recruitment process. You may be placed with FOX News Channel's Chicago Bureau.
SUMMER 2024 SCHEDULE
General Application Deadline: Sunday, February 11, 2024
Program Timeline: We will have two summer sessions. Interns will work one of the sessions listed below.
Summer Session 1: Monday, June 3, 2024 - Friday, July 26, 2024
Summer Session 2: Monday, June 17, 2024 - Friday, August 9, 2024
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32-40 hours per week
NOTE: Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability
STANDING OUT AS A TOP CANDIDATE
Successful students have:
• Knowledge of current FOX programming and talent
• The ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interfacing with talent and executives
• The ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
• The ability to work well on teams and collaborative efforts
• Knowledge of the company and news/media industry
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of current events on a national scale
• Knowledge of software systems and programs relevant to your desired area of placement. For example: Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, iNews, Avid, FinalCut Pro, Dalet
• A self-starter attitude and pro-active nature
• Strong attention to detail
FOX Master Classes: A variety of presentations, panels, discussions, and trainings geared toward advancing your knowledge of our company, industry, and software systems
Professional Development Series: A variety of activities geared toward enhancing your professional development
Networking Opportunities: Numerous opportunities to connect with fellow interns and other professionals within the company
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2z8j-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.