FOX is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The FOX Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest sports, media, and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
Please note this internship will primarily offer roles that require interns to work on-site in New York, NY.
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Current class standing of sophomore, (second-year college student) or above
• Strong academic record
• Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
• Access to own housing and transportation to/from the assigned internship site
STUDENTS SELECTED TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
• Must demonstrate knowledge of the company and media industry
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (PDF Preferred)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a good fit for our program
• Share your top areas of interest
• Indicate your availability to work on-site or remote
STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO THE SPRING 2024 PROGRAM:
Are required to provide a copy of an unofficial transcript or letter from the adviser/registrar showing proof of enrollment
AREAS OF PLACEMENT:
You will be considered for an internship based on the content of your cover letter, as well as your prior experience and interests, as determined during the recruitment process. Area of placement may include:
• Digital: Interns will learn how to pitch, research, organize and write stories for publication on meteorology-based web pages. They will assist with other weather and research-related projects as needed
• Audience Development: Interns will focus on FOX Weather growth initiatives, including projects such as brainstorming and pitching ideas for FOX Weather's growing social media platforms, as well as monitor competitors for areas of opportunity on digital & social
• Newsgathering: Interns will support and contribute to the daily workflow of Newsgathering Desk by pitching stories, sourcing content, producing live content for FOX Weather and for FOX TV Stations
• Programming: Interns will support show teams as they drive content development and production for all streaming aspects of FOX Weather. That includes working with the show team, digital and newsgathering to deliver critical weather news and feature compelling weather stories
• Weather Presentation: Interns will contribute to the daily workflow of Weather Presentation by pitching graphic ideas and working on research related to the various weather stories of the day. They will learn how the FOX Weather team of meteorologists craft graphics and produce weather stories for the linear stream and digital team
SPRING 2024 SCHEDULE:
General Application Deadline: Sunday, November 26, 2023
Program Timeline: Monday, February 12, 2024 - Friday, April 19, 2024
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 16-24 hours per week
NOTE: Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability. We do our best to work around your class schedule.
STANDING OUT AS A TOP CANDIDATE:
Successful students have:
• Knowledge of current FOX programming and talent
• The ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interfacing with talent and executives
• The ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• The ability to work well on teams and collaborative efforts
• A self-starter attitude and proactive nature
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with WSI Max or Baron Lynx is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
FOX Master Classes: A variety of presentations, panels, discussions, and trainings geared toward advancing your knowledge of our company, industry, and software systems
Professional Development Series: A variety of activities geared toward enhancing your professional development
Networking Opportunities: Numerous opportunities to connect with fellow interns and other professionals within the company
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $17.50-17.50 per hour.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyzj3-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.