FOX5 offers an exciting opportunity to apply classroom theories and concepts to real work situations through the FOX5 Internship Program. We provide a robust, meaningful internship experience, where students energize the workforce with fresh ideas and perspectives and in turn have the opportunity to be inspired by the passionate work that is delivered each day.
FOX5 welcomes the opportunity to get to know students who are interested in pursuing a career in media. Interns have the opportunity to work within the News Department.
This internship is designed for a student who is interested in gaining an understanding of how a daily newscast is brought to air.
The News department is responsible for day-to-day operations in covering News content to make the station's news product the audience leader in the market. Interns will learn and participate in the daily editorial discussions and production of fast-paced, high-profile newscasts that combine hard news, information, human interest stories, guest segments and entertainment. Interns will be expected to come prepared to assist newsroom in carrying out various responsibilities of getting the daily live broadcast on-air. Internships are available for qualified students studying broadcast journalism, video production, and other communication degrees.
• Each internship is for 16-20 hours per week for up to 15 weeks
• Will be well supervised and participate in a meaningful learning experience
• Upon completion of the internship, the student will be evaluated through a review by the supervisor
Requirements & Skills:
• Must be a junior or senior in their last year of concentrated study
• Be of advanced skill level due to complexity of projects
• A collaborative worker with a willingness to learn
• Flexible with schedule
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyy06k-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.