Intern - Public Relations / Marketing
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionPublic Relations/Marketing Internship (Detroit Metropolitan Area/Michigan)
Job Summary: We're looking for a college senior or recent graduate to join our team as a full-time intern. This four-month internship provides candidates an opportunity to apply their studies and knowledge while gaining more experience and understanding of the public relations, marketing, and advertising arena, and the agency workflow. We'll provide a fun, fast-paced environment for learning and contributing in rewarding ways to our clients.
Our ideal candidate is a highly resourceful and intuitive team player, who is digitally and socially savvy and knows how to bring creative, smart, scrappy thinking to the table. We'll give you the tools to do awesome work and build a solid portfolio. We also look to our pool of amazing interns first when permanent opportunities open. The ideal candidate has held one or two college internships and is looking to grow his/her career in an agency setting .
This specific internship would support a Travel/Lifestyle and Economic Development/Corporate client in the Midwest. For this account, It's important that this candidate lives in and is passionate about the state of Michigan.
About FINN: Founded in 2011, FINN Partners is one of the fastest-growing, independent PR and integrated marketing communications agencies in the world. We have 1300+ employees in 32 offices around the globe and an extensive network of global affiliates and partners in key markets.
We are smart, passionate, communications advocates on a mission to make a difference in the world. We change the way the brands relate to their markets. The way companies are positioned and perceived. The way causes become movements. How great stories are shared to earn attention. Our work reflects our values .
Why work for us? More than an agency, we are a bold collective of communications advocates, stewarding brands, protecting reputations, influencing public policy, and leveraging data and analytics to shape the most important conversations of our day.
Most great achievements in science, medicine, the arts, politics, and business are achieved as a result of a group of dedicated individuals coming together with a collaborative spirit. Without every team member, FINN is nothing more than an idea. Together we are special. By working together we are stronger, and it is only by striving together as one team-working hard, playing nice, creating a best-place-to-work environment, taking risks, making the world a better place, and amazing those around us-we can make FINN Partners a truly unique agency. Come be a part of the journey.
• Provide support to account teams and play an active role in the implementation of core public relations program assignments including influencer engagement, media pitching/media list development, writing/editing, and research
• Monitor, track, and report traditional and social media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments, flag for appropriate team members
• Compile comprehensive, targeted media lists, actively pitch media and secure traditional and social media placements against client goals, shifting approach for optimal results
• Identify trade reporters, business reporters, and influencers
• Prepare initial draft of client updates, as needed and requested; deliver error-free written communication Participate in client meetings and presentations, as needed
• Stay informed on the latest trends in digital and social media communications
• Detail-oriented, excellent, and creative writer with solid understanding and proficiency with multiple writing styles, including business communications and AP style
• Proven ability to collaborate with a team, actively prepare and participate in all meetings
• Strong time management skills while working in a fast-paced environment
• Positive, go-getter attitude, and strong work ethic
• Passion for the marketing and communications industry
• A ble to work hybrid or remote for 7-8 hours Monday-Friday
About FINN Partners: FINN Partners is a great place to work, but don't take our word for it. We've been voted ''#1 Best Agency to Work For'' in the Extra-Large Agency Category by PR Week. Plus, FINN has ranked in the top five nearly every year since our founding a decade ago.
Our intrepid crew shares an entrepreneurial spirit that attracts talent from agencies large and small. Interestingly, we often welcome former colleagues back to the fold after they've confirmed the grass is not greener elsewhere, or they return as clients when they want to work with the best. All choose FINN because of our cause-minded approach, collaborative culture, commitment to excellence, ethical leadership and exciting client roster of clients. Our people are deeply loyal to FINN because the FINN team is deeply loyal to each other. FINN is committed to representing a different breed of agency. Will you join us?
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington DC
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xvkq-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.