PR Intern (Jun - Dec 2023)
About Finn Partners Singapore:
You're finding a place to kickstart your career, and we know how important it is to make your first stint in PR actually count. So, here's what we can do for you.
Finn offers the best of both worlds - the heritage of a homegrown agency, plus a global network spanning 32 cities. We're proud of our over 1,300 strong team and believe (relentlessly) in the work we do. With us, you'll get to support some of the biggest (and seriously cool) companies in the world. Uncover the world of endless transformation and get behind the latest technologies in every industry - from hospitality to healthcare.
This could mean gaining a ringside seat in the shady world of cybersecurity on one day. On another, you could just be part of a global movement to improve financial access and drive inclusivity. What can we guarantee though? No two days in our office are the same.
The PR Intern we are looking for must be a high-energy multi-tasker who enjoys writing and have an obsessive-compulsive attention to detail. A natural sense of curiosity would serve you well as you will dive into some pretty technical industries. You don't have to know it all, but you must want to learn it all.
With us you will learn to:
• Write compelling content: research and produce strong first drafts of B2B content
• Engage the media: come up with and pitch story ideas to heard-it-all journalists who will need to be wow-ed
• Run point on social: be involved in community engagement for our social media programs, with all the fun and agony of staying on top of a world that never sleeps
• Navigate the business of PR: support the development of new business proposals and understand what it takes to win a new client
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Support the development of materials, including bylined articles, press releases, email interview answers, among others.
• Media relations, including pitching media interviews, helping to coordinate media roundtables/press conferences, and general coordination with the media.
• Daily media monitoring and reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Preparation of WIP, monthly and end-project reports.
• Maintaining relevant media lists for clients.
• General coordination support.
Role Specific Skills / Attributes:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs/Sheet/Slides.
• Ability to write well and quickly
• Keen interest in a career in public relations.
• Time management.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Self-motivated, friendly and outgoing personality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmopo6-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.