Summer Intern - Animation Feature Visual Development Trainee
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
At DreamWorks Animation our Feature Visual Development Trainees gain hands on experience on a feature production while learning from award winning Art Directors. Trainees are mentored by Art Directors, Design Supervisors and Visual Development Artists and are exposed to a comprehensive curriculum taught by industry and studio professionals.
In addition to learning and growing through one on one mentorship and a robust set of designed classes, Feature Visual Development Trainees are responsible for creating design assets on a Feature production. The Visual Development Trainees will create a variety of production artwork in the style of their assigned film. In addition to working directly on the visual development team, Trainees are also responsible for working on and delivering a portfolio project from concept to finish throughout the duration of the program.
The last week of the program allows Trainees to showcase their work and their portfolio project to creatives and executives across the TV business. The Trainee Program is 12 weeks long and is a full-time, paid opportunity.
The Trainee Program is covered by the Animation Guild.
• Work under the guidance of a Production Designer and Art Director to generate artwork related to characters, environments, backgrounds, costume and prop design
• Provide reference packets for the Modeling, Surfacing, Matte Painting and Layout departments with design specifics required for locations and assets
• Partner with a mentor on their assigned film
• Ensure all deadlines are met
• Communicate progress of work to production staff
• Recent graduate with an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree from a College/University (or equivalent)
• Ability to think and design from concept to finish independently
• Strong understanding of design principles and color theory
• Can collaborate within a team of artists
• Strong time management skills
• Proficient in Photoshop
• Knowledge of Maya and/or ZBrush is a plus
How to Apply:
• Please submit a resume to apply for this position
• Please submit an online portfolio and/or digital portfolio (PDF) in order to be considered for the Trainee Program (if password protected, provide the password on the resume)