Summer Intern - Animation Crowds Trainee
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Crowds Trainee will gain hands on experience on a Television production while learning from our Crowds Lead. Trainees are mentored by the Crowds Lead and are exposed to a comprehensive curriculum taught by industry and studio professionals.
In addition to learning and growing through one on one mentorship and a robust set of DreamWorks artist-led classes, Crowd Trainees are responsible for preparing crowd assets, creating and maintaining animation for cycles library. The Crowds Trainee will also create and transfer Golaem motion files and create Golaem crowd simulations. Trainees are also responsible for working on and delivering a portfolio project from concept to finish throughout the duration of the program.
The last week of the program allows Crowd Trainees to showcase their work and their portfolio project to creatives and executives across the TV business. The Crowds Trainee Program is 12 weeks long and is a full-time, paid opportunity.
The Crowds Trainee Program is covered by the Animation Guild.
• Complete assigned crowd animations including the creation and maintenance of the animation cycles library
• Prepare crowd assets to meet the necessary technical requirements of Maya and Golaem crowd software
• Creating and transferring Golaem motion files
• Creating NavMesh in preparation for crowd sims
• Crowd sim creation using Golaem software
• Ensure deadlines are consistently met and communicate progress of work to crowd lead and to appropriate production staff
• Attend classes within the Crowds Trainee curriculum
• Complete program assignments and projects
• Completion of an art program, or recent graduate with an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree from a College/University (or equivalent)
• Less than two years of work experience in the animation industry
• Strong knowledge of Maya software.
• Knowledge of Golaem software is a plus but not required.
• Ability to create a walk cycle and other background crowd animation
• Ability to communicate effectively
How To Apply:
• Please submit a resume that includes a short bio or summary
• Please submit an online portfolio and/or digital portfolio (PDF) in order to be considered for the Crowds Trainee Program (if password protected, provide the password on the resume)
• An ideal portfolio will contain strong animation samples (the samples can be personal projects, academic projects, or professional projects)