Intern - TV Animation - Pipeline Technical Director Trainee
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
At DreamWorks Animation Television our Technical Director Trainees gain hands on experience on a Television pipeline while learning from award winning Technical Directors. Trainees are mentored by central Pipeline TDs and are exposed to a comprehensive curriculum taught by industry and studio professionals.
In addition to learning and growing through one on one mentorship and a robust set of DreamWorks engineer-led classes, TD Trainees are responsible for tool cleanup and implementation on Television shows in production. The TD Trainees will be part of a Pipeline team implementing bug fixes to existing applications, softwares hit the technical goals of the series. In addition to working directly on a pipeline team, Trainees are also responsible for working on and delivering a project from concept to finish throughout the duration of the program.
The Trainee Program is 12 weeks long and is a full-time, paid opportunity.
The Trainee Program is covered by the Animation Guild.
• Complete short term and long term tool and software development tasks on schedule.
• Coordinate with Production while gathering information that will be used in the development of new tools or new features on existing tools for individual production needs.
• Collaborate with CG department TD's and the department Supervisor to develop centralized and sustainable pipeline tool solutions.
• Provide support to discipline specific TD's. e.g. Lighting, FX, Rigging
• Ensure that software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
• Extensive documentation of all tools and processes in the DWTV Pipeline Wiki.
• Prioritize and manage an extensive list of bugs and feature requests for existing tools and processes.
• Ability to troubleshoot bugs/error messages reported by our Partner Studios. Bugs from the Partner Studios can be show stopping and require reshuffling your task schedule on a moment's notice.
• Work closely with the department Lead to determine long term strategies and standards for the department.
• Recent graduate with an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree from a College/University (or equivalent)
• Less than two years of work experience in the animation industry
• Strong technical skills with a demonstrated knowledge of operating systems, api libraries, object oriented programming
• Ability to communicate effectively
How To Apply:
• Please submit a resume that includes a short bio or summary
• Please submit a code sample portfolio (PDF) in order to be considered for the TD Trainee Program
• An ideal code sample portfolio showcases various problem solving skills and a multitude of standards and library knowledge
• Please include your programming thought process through comments in the code