Fall Intern - Animation Feature FX
Remote / Virtual
Animation Production Intern (Virtual), DreamWorks, Fall 2021
DreamWorks Animation seeks Feature and TV Production Interns for our Virtual Internship Program. Interns will be assigned to either a feature film or 2D or 3D animated television show and gain insight into production responsibilities, workflows and processes. Additionally, they will be able to observe and learn about the feature or television animation pipeline and creative process. Specific exposure will depend on the department, but can range from front-end development/story to back-end lighting and effects. DreamWorks Animation is open to considering students with interests in the artistic animation careers seeking to gain exposure to the Feature or TV animation process.
Day in the Life:
Production Interns will be responsible for various office activities under the direction of the Production Team and they will have the opportunity to join the Production Team during meetings. Ideal candidates will be willing to take on new challenges in order to gain a more detailed knowledge of the animation industry, animated television pipeline and workflows.
Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills, are self-motivated, are team players who take initiative, have the ability to handle multiple requests, have a strong attention to detail, organizational skills and working knowledge of the Gmail suite, the Microsoft suite. Knowledge of office management software (Excel, Word, Gmail, etc.) is necessary.
• Upload Resume and Cover Letter
• Pursuing an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at a College/University (or equivalent), or be a recent graduate (within six months of graduation date)
• Must be 18 years of age or older
Ability to commit ten weeks part-time (16-24 hours/week) and work remotely from September 2021 - December 2021
• Must have own equipment (computer, web cam, headphones, etc.) and stable internet connection
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Film/TV, Animation/Illustration, Media Studies or related majors preferred.
• Working knowledge of Shotgun is a plus
• Candidates should be well organized, highly self-motivated individuals who function well in fast-paced, frenetic production based environments.
• Those applying must be confident and proactive with excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) and feel comfortable interacting with employees at all levels of the organization.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkzj2-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.