Feature FX Intern (Virtual), DreamWorks, Fall 2021
DreamWorks Animation seeks a Feature FX Intern for our virtual Internship Program! This Intern will be assigned to a feature film and gain insight into production responsibilities, workflows, and processes.
Day in the Life:
The Feature FX intern will be responsible for various activities under the direction of the FX Team and will have the opportunity to attend and contribute to FX team meetings. Ideal candidates will be willing to take on new challenges to gain more detailed knowledge of the animation industry, feature animation pipeline, and workflows.
Candidates should understand the basics of designing and creating images, elements, and effects (such as fire, smoke, water, destruction, magic, etc.) for CG. Additionally, candidates should be comfortable multitasking, working independently on assignments, discern priorities, and hit deadlines. Strong communication skills, the ability to interact professionally with others, and being respectful and punctual in meetings are necessary for a successful candidate.
• Upload Resume and Cover Letter
• Include Link to Demo Reel/Breakdown on your resume (include password if protected)
• Enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program at a College/University (or equivalent), or be a recent graduate (within six months of graduation date).
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
• Ability to commit ten weeks part-time (16-24 hours/week) and work remotely from September 2021 - December 2021
• Must be able to provide equipment (PC, webcam, headphones, etc.) and have a stable internet connection in order to remotely connect to DreamWorks workstations via remote software.
• Working knowledge of animation principles.
• Understanding of software like Houdini, Nuke, or similar 3D packages for use in particle systems, fluid simulation, rigid bodies, procedural geometry, and compositing.
• Ability to self-critique creative work, address notes, and expand upon the art direction given.
• Candidates should be well-organized, highly self-motivated individuals who function well in fast-paced production environments.
• Education in animation/graphics/computer science/VFX (or equivalent) program; traditional artistic training a plus.
• Adobe Animate or Toon Boom knowledge is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Shotgrid is a plus.
• Experience in scripting and or programming is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek261-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.