About the Role & Team
Disney Entertainment includes the company's full portfolio of entertainment media and content businesses globally, including motion picture film studios, television divisions, and streaming!
For the Disney Studio, Corporate, and Streaming insights team, the entertainment consumer is at the heart of everything we do. We are charged with finding the best methods to understand our customers' thoughts, feelings, and behaviors across a constantly evolving entertainment marketplace. We are five teams spanning Studio film and series, Disney+ brand and bundle, Digital/Social analytics, and Enterprise Strategic Insights focused on the Disney brands. We do this in pursuit of making our films series, streaming services, and brands the best they can be, and shaping marketing campaigns around the world. As part of our team you will join a dynamic group of professionals who love movies and TV series, and are passionate about bringing the consumer voice into Disney decision making.
Ready to play a meaningful role in consumer insights and analysis? Join our team as a research & analytics intern! If selected for this role, you will report to the Senior Manager, Research & Analytics.
What You Will Do
As an intern, you will gain experience with all aspects of Disney Studio, Corporate, and Streaming Insights, rotating across all 5 of our teams over the summer. Through this work, you will learn to apply basic marketing research & analytics skills to answer business questions, develop a strong foundation in understanding the entertainment landscape as well as how to communicate data at a major entertainment company. We are strong believers in socializing the voice of the consumer and bringing this voice into as many business decisions as possible. We are trusted advisors in helping ignite fandom and creating excitement and eagerness to engage with our content and brands.
As an intern, you will:
• Have one project that spans across all 5 teams during your internship, analyzing and synthesizing data from the teams to form a cohesive narrative
• Play a key role in supporting the team across research projects being conducted including but not limited to screenings, focus groups, ad testing, exit polling, tracking, and positioning studies
• Assist with quantitative and qualitative research projects focusing on movies and TV series released in theaters, on Disney+, Star, and Hulu
• Contribute to strategic work focused on our Disney+ subscribers, and the larger Disney brand
• Contribute to social analytics projects that could focus on a specific movie campaign, or a larger event for the company like ComicCon or D23
Required Qualifications & Skills
• Data-driven with a strong curiosity, a desire to learn, and a passion for market research
• Ability to run multiple projects and workflows in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong strategic critical thinking, attention to detail, and analytical skills
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
• Positive attitude and flexible personality with ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change
• Able to handle a varied range of personalities, responsibilities and assignments
• Ability to multitask with urgency
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Strong communicator with the ability to collaborate across various teams
• Able to make independent decisions in the handling of sensitive and confidential information while exercising good judgment and discretion.
• Comfortable working with numbers
• Must have a passion for film and television, and a curiosity about entertainment marketing.
• Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel, capable of quickly producing summary tables, pivot tables, vlookup/index fields, and visualization(s) with various types of data
• Experience with SPSS, SQL, Tableau, Marketsight
• Previous internship and/or work experience in an analytical field, preferably in entertainment market research and analytics
Undergraduate students in their senior year (or recently graduated within the past six months) pursuing a bachelor's degree in a social science analytical field, business, or related field.
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
Candidates for this opportunity MUST meet all of the below requirements:
• Be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Possess unrestricted work authorization
• Have not completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or Disney College Program
• The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 through August 2024
• Able to be fully available for the duration of the internship, 40 hours each week
• Able to provide own housing for the duration internship program in the Burbank/Glendale, CA area
• Able to provide/have reliable transportation to/from work
The pay rate for this internship in California is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7px48-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.