Summer / Fall MBA Intern - Entertainment Digital Media Strategy & Analytics
About the Team
The Platform Distribution team is responsible for app distribution deals for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – including Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. In addition, our team is responsible for affiliate-related third party distribution for all of the Company's direct-to-consumer services, linear media networks, and the distribution of film and television programming via home entertainment and digital platforms.
As part of the Affiliate Relations team, you are responsible for negotiating affiliation agreements with 200+ ABC affiliated TV stations throughout the US, improving the ABC Television Network's distribution by selling-through key Network initiatives and presenting critical programming and operational information. You will collaborate closely with a broad number of departments throughout the company, including ABC News, ABC Entertainment, ESPN, Platform Distribution, Network Operations, Marketing/Promotion, and Research, and more!
This internship will provide exposure to the business side of the ABC Television Network and the relationship we have with our affiliates.
This internship opportunity involves providing support to four key teams of the Affiliate Relations department. Some projects include creating fall launch sales/marketing initiatives, crafting Network communications and operational documentation, monitoring station activity and industry trends and prepping new season programming materials. You will walk away from this internship with a deeper understanding of the television landscape (including key programming areas of entertainment, news and sports) and the Network/Affiliate business model!
• Be involved in a number of projects that influence our big picture decisions as it pertains to our future offerings through collecting, analyzing, and reporting out on data
• Help craft a documentation system for urgent, streamlined access.
• Maintain and update internal schedules
• Keeping current our business-to-business website, and ensuring the appropriate internal and external clients have the accurate access
• Collaborate well within a team with varied strengths
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Salesforce, CMS.
• Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
• Outstanding research skills
• Ability to work independently and function as a self-starter
• Passionate about media and television; understand the impact
• A consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the internship
• Passionate about broadcast television and media distribution
• Previous internship within a media/entertainment company
• Leadership experience within student and/or professional organizations
• This individual should be in pursuit of, or possess, a Bachelors degree
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
• Must be at least 18 years of age and possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must be able to work on-site in New York City and have reliable transportation to/from work
• Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 through August 2024. Candidate must be available to work 40 hours/week for the duration of the internship.
The pay rate for this internship in CA is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Entertainment:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqxeo9-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.