Summer Intern - Content Production, NBC
WPVI-TV (6abc) Multiplatform Programming Intern, Summer/Fall 2024
About the Role & Program
WPVI-TV is an ABC-owned television station located in a state-of-the-art facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 6abc/Action News, is Philadelphia's #1 source for news! For more than 50 years Action News has been bringing the biggest stories of the day to viewers in the Delaware Valley, an area covering Southeastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Southern New Jersey, currently representing more than 8 million people!
What You Will Do
Our Department of Multiplatform Programming produces some of 6abc's most exciting television and digital content including the weekly show FYI Philly, countless specials, short form digital content, live events, and parades. 6abc is Philadelphia's top-rated broadcast station and one of the region's most-visited web sites. Our intern will have an opportunity to learn all aspects of television and digital production, from the beginning of a shoot to its delivery to our viewers.
The role of an intern in the multiplatform programming department will include:
• Working with producers to plan story shoots for all department programs
• Accompanying and assisting producers and field crews on location
• Assisting with social media and web site campaigns
• Assisting editors in organizing and creating final video projects using Adobe Premiere Pro and other modern editing applications
Required Qualifications & Skills
• This is an ideal internship for students with a passion for writing longer-form content, experimenting with digital formats and all forms of video creation.
• Video editing experience in Adobe Premiere for television and/or digital platforms
• Strong writing skills are required
• Creativity and a willingness to recommend new ideas
• Proficiency in software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Strong communication skills to interact with clients and subjects of stories
• Proficiency in social media
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
Candidates for this opportunity MUST meet all of the below requirements:
• Be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Have not completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Possess unrestricted work authorization
• Able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the internship
• The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 through January 2025
• Fully available for the duration of the internship, working 20 hours each week
• Able to provide own housing for the duration of internship program in the Philadelphia, PA area
• Able to provide reliable transportation to/from work
About Disney Entertainment Television:
Disney Entertainment Television is a collection of renowned content brands at The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the company's streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Star, and its broadcast and cable networks. Its extensive portfolio is comprised of ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective, in addition to Disney Television Studios, which include 20th Television, 20th Television Animation, ABC Signature and Walt Disney Television Alternative. Responsible for over 4,500 hours of programming a year across more than 300 programs of all genres, Disney Entertainment Television's creative brands are at the forefront of groundbreaking storytelling, captivating audiences and generating critical acclaim. In 2023, Disney Entertainment Television's programming excellence earned 163 Emmy® nominations across daytime, primetime, news & documentary, and children's & family categories.
This position is with WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpoo10-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.