Intern - Software Engineering
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionDisney Streaming UK are excited to be able to offer a UK based Internship for an undergraduate to be based from our Manchester office. This Internship will run from July 2022 until June 2023.
As a Software Engineering intern at Disney Streaming, you'll be working on the next big thing. That could be scaling an API to serve millions of requests per second, managing state across multiple regions, or building new mechanisms to secure our video content.
Since launching less than 3 years ago, Disney+ has topped 130 million active subscribers with aspirations for many more. Ensuring all of our millions of users have the magical experience they come to expect from Disney, when watching their favourite shows is a challenge that we relish. This means scaling and reliability is our primary focus in everything we build.
So what can you expect to do working as an Intern Software Engineer at Disney Streaming:
• Make an immediate impact by shipping a major feature as part of a small team.
• Work on projects that have direct, daily impacts on consumers.
• Build tooling and dashboards to monitor the health of your applications.
• Optimise a build and release pipeline to get software to production efficiently and safely.
What technologies will you work with:
• Scala, JVM
• Relational and/or no-SQL databases
• Large scale and distributed systems
• Cloud Services (AWS)
• You will need to be an Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a STEM subject.
• Experience with Scala, Java or any other JVM programming language is preferable.
• Fundamental programming experience is essential.
• You will need to be based in the UK for the entire duration of your program, barring personal vacation time.
Need to know:
• While it is possible the internship will have a remote start, you will need to be able to regularly work from our Manchester based office once we have a confirmed reopening date.
• The deadline for applications is Friday 20th May. We are unable to accept any applications after this deadline.
We reserve the right to close applications early.
Your application for the Internship will be reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team and if successful, you will be invited to complete a coding test. Once all of the test results have been reviewed, if successful you will be invited to a final stage assessment which will either be a group assessment or individual sessions.
About Disney Streaming:
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj953e-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.