Wherever you are in the amazing world of Disney, you are contributing to the stories of our iconic brands, recognised by audiences everywhere for entertainment, information and inspiration. Innovation, imagination and inclusion are at the core of Disney, defining the experience that we deliver as well as providing the foundation of our success. The scope of our business, combined with global growth and collaboration result in an inclusive employee experience characterised by continuous learning, development and achievement.
Disney Entertainment includes The Walt Disney Company''s full portfolio of entertainment media and content businesses globally, including the streaming service, Disney+. The Integrated Marketing Team is a dynamic and collaborative group responsible for driving strategic marketing initiatives across various platforms and media channels. From developing comprehensive marketing campaigns to creating engaging promotional content, the team works together to elevate the Disney+ brand and connect with audiences locally.
This role provides a unique opportunity for aspiring public relations professionals to gain hands-on experience in the fast-paced and exciting world of entertainment marketing. The intern will play a crucial role in supporting the public relations function and will be exposed to various aspects of integrated marketing.
This role will report directly to the PR lead for Disney+ based in Singapore.
Daily Media Monitoring
• Monitor and analyse media coverage related to Disney+ and relevant industry trends
• Compile daily reports as needed
• Develop and execute PR campaigns for upcoming Disney+ content releases
• Assist in creation and/or management of press materials including press releases, media kits, EDMs, assets
• Work with local PR agencies to ensure campaigns adhere to timelines
• Cultivate and manage relationships with media and influencers
• Support coordination of press events, junkets and other on-ground activities
• Work closely with other teams within Disney Entertainment such as social media to ensure cohesive integrated marketing efforts.
• Currently an undergraduate pursuing a bachelor's degree
• Must be available for full-time internship commitment (Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm) between May to August 2024
• Indicate your internship availability (start and end date) in your resume
• Indicate your expected graduation date in your resume
*Please apply to this job posting only if you are available for a full-time internship during the stated period. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Currently an undergraduate pursuing a bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field
• Interest or knowledge of The Walt Disney Company's key brands - Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star
• Highly self-motivated and meticulous with a strong passion for communications
• Ability to adapt quickly to a constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in a fast-paced working environment
• Strong team player; possesses good interpersonal skills with a high level of enthusiasm in collaborating in cross functional teams
• Self-starter that needs minimal supervision
• Ability to prioritize workload to meet competing deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
• Familiarity with social media platforms and trends
• Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Proficient in MS Office and Keynote
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Ability to utilize media monitoring tools will be a plus
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia), which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (APAC).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9vvwm-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.