Summer Intern - Platform Services
Remote / Virtual
Disney Streaming Services is a best-in-class media streaming technology company powering several properties today including Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu. We serve consumers by bringing the world's most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
As a Software Engineer intern at Disney Streaming Services, you'd work on the next big thing. That could be scaling an API to serve millions of requests of requests per second, managing state across multiple regions, or building new mechanisms to secure our video content. Every single day as a DSS engineer is different!
• Make an immediate impact by shipping a major feature as part of a small team
• Work on projects that have direct, daily impacts on consumers.
• Participate in the full lifecycle of application development: from requirements gathering and designing, to building, testing, and maintaining our software
• Build tooling and dashboards to monitor the health of your applications
• Optimize a build and release pipeline to get software to production efficiently and safely
• Experience with Java and/or other JVM variant languages like Scala or Kotlin.
• Experience with relational and/or no-SQL databases.
• Curiosity and interest in working on large scale systems and learning new technologies.
• Familiarity with AWS or other Cloud Providers.
• Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins or Docker
• Experience with Angular and Node.js
• Mobile development experience with Android and/or iOS
• Familiarity with RestAPI
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work (if it becomes in-person)
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are 05/17/2021- 08/07/2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.