Intern - - Event Partnerships
New York, NY
Graphic Design & Employer Branding Intern - Spring 2022 (Virtual)
This role will sit within Discovery's Employer Branding Team. In a nutshell we get to capture and creatively share Discovery's Streaming and Technology story... in DTC we're building the future of content streaming, currently one of the most exciting spaces in technology. We're building industry leading tech and hire some of the industry's most talented technologists. As our intern, you will have the opportunity to impact everything from the stories we tell, how and where we tell them, the look and feel of the creative assets, to how will position ourselves across events, platforms, articles etc. We're a global team whose mission includes evolving and amplifying our employer brand in key markets, as well as launching and positioning our brand in new territories.
Specific projects will include project managing the way we show up across key partner events and platforms- writing copy, designing flyers, project managing video creation and as well as physical and virtual event booth branding. In this role you will partner with stakeholders at varying levels, across multiple geographies and directly impact the perception of Discovery an employer of choice around the globe.
* Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Visual or Graphic Design, Creative Writing, Communications, Public Relations, or any related fields
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Experience with design softwares like Adobe photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Canva is a plus
About Our Program
Discovery's internationally recognized intern program attracts the country's boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We're passionate about investing in our interns-- both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars-- and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! This year, we were voted into Vault's 2021 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, best sales and marketing internships and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here's what we offer:
• Mentorship from some of the industry's kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
• Professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
• Access to top level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
• Incredible networking opportunities and a robust intern alumni network
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn't know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
• We offer 12 week spring and summer opportunities
• Our Spring 2022 program will be fully remote- the program will run from January 31st-April 22.
• The application deadline for Spring 2022 is Friday, November 12th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide necessary documentation for school credit if desired.
• We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from September through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d982j7-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.