- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Veterans Internship Program (Virtual)
Although our spring internship program will be completely remote (students can apply from anywhere), please be aware that you will be expected to work on the time zone of the manager.
Discovery's Veterans Internship Program is designed to support an education curriculum – with a focus on developing practical experience. Eligible applicants must be US military veterans who have been discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States. They must also be actively enrolled in a college or university program with a 3.0+ GPA. Must have legal right to work in the United States.
This paid, 12 week internship opportunity is designed to provide veterans firsthand expereince working in a global media company, translating the valuable skills they developed in the military to support a successful and rewarding career.
Through this program, veterans will gain valuable industry knowledge through work shadowing, networking opportunities and hands-on training. This program hopes to serve as a vital source for building a qualified candidate pool to fill permanent positions at Discovery and across our industry.
With respect to scheduling challenges of active students and/or competing work schedules, this program provides flexibility, to allow veteran students to concurrently pursue their education.
Opportunities are available in the following departments:
-Accounting and Finance
-Business & Legal Affairs
-Communications & Public Relations
-Creative & Design
-Engineering & Media Technology
-Insights & Research
-Process & Operations
-TV Programming & Scheduling
Based on your experience and interests, we will place you in a department that aligns with your career interests and goals.
• Must be a discharged US military veteran
• Must be currently enrolled in school (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
• Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
• Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
About Our Program
Discovery's internationally recognized intern program attracts the country's boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We're passionate about investing in our interns-- both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars-- and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! This year, we were voted into Vault's 2021 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, best sales and marketing internships and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here's what we offer:
• Mentorship from some of the industry's kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
• Professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
• Access to top level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
• Incredible networking opportunities and a robust intern alumni network
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn't know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
• We offer 12 week spring and summer opportunities
• Our Spring 2022 program will be fully remote- the program will run from January 31st-April 22.
• The application deadline for Spring 2022 is Friday, November 12th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide necessary documentation for school credit if desired.
• We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from September through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejqk0-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.