Virtual Intern - Documentary Unit
Remote / Virtual
Virtual CNN Weather & Climate Intern – Summer 2021
• Help create online content for use by CNN.com and other CNN online platforms
• Participate in breaking weather and other related breaking news stories
• Participate in the production of on-air weather content
• Research weather and science related stories, and provide information to on-air talent
• Learn weather graphics software, and build elements for on-air use
• Students should be at least junior level in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences at an accredited University.
• The ideal candidate would be interested in pursuing a career in Broadcast Meteorology, either as an on-air or behind-the-scenes meteorologists.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.