Summer Virtual Intern - The Row
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Virtual CNN The Row Intern – Summer 2021
• The Row ensures that stories meet high standards of storytelling, clarity, accuracy, quality, fairness and balance, while avoiding libel, defamation and use infringement issues.
• Row editors sign off on TV and original online reporting, as well as other sensitive editorial matters.
• Researchers on The Row fact-check each piece before it is cleared for edit.
• Fact check scripts, digital articles and long-form stories.
• Review pieces for editorial accuracy, fairness and balance.
• Field editorial requests from CNN correspondents around the world by phone, email and in-person, and help track projects.
• Candidates should be pursuing a career in journalism.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid reporting and research skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Well versed in current events, aware and interested in domestic and international news.
• Exposure to social media is essential.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.